As you are aware, Athletics South Africa (ASA) recently withheld the issuing of 2019 permanent & temporary license to KZN Athletics. After numerous attempts to resolve the situation in an orderly manner, ASA decided not to respond to KZNA’s requests for reasons not to issue the licenses. This left KZNA with no choice but to approach the courts to set judgment on ASA’s decision to (1) withheld licenses from being issued to KZNA & (2) prevent any 3rd party from distributing the 2019 licences without KZNA’s consent.
Judgement was received today, 28 January 2019, whereby the High Court of South Africa (KwaZulu-Natal) granted judgement in favor of KwaZulu-Natal Athletics (KZNA).
- ASA to handover 2019 permanent & temporary licenses
- Restraining any 3rd party from issuing licenses
- All monies paid to the third-party for licenses to be paid over to KZNA
- ASA is interdicted and restrained from proceeding with any disciplinary proceedings against the KZNA board
- The 3 respondents (ASA, ASA board & Jay Reddy) to pay costs for the application
The KZNA board will meet as a matter of urgency to put in place a procedure for orderly and speedily distribution of the 2019 temporary & permanent licenses. Official communication will be sent to each individual club. The website and all social media platforms will be updated accordingly.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this period of uncertainty. We promise an all-out effort to ensure speedy delivery of licenses.
THE FUTURE IS IN YOUR HANDS
See below the link to download the court judgement