The South African ministry of Sports, Arts & Culture have made funds available to support our sports fraternity. To be considered a recipient of the said funds there are a few important guidelines:
1. All applications must be directed to the national sports federation, Athletics South Africa in our case. No individual applications will be considered that does not follow this directive
2. Applications are open to athletes and coaches only
3. Please ensure that you complete the required application form in FULL and sign the document. Any incomplete applications will not be considered.
4. All applications must be sent to ASA to Hezekiel Sepeng at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, but not later than 12:00 on 6 April 2020. Kindly put Dees Govender on copy of your application for reference purposes email@example.com only. KZNA is not involved in the process and will not be able to assist with applications or queries, please direct all queries to Hezekiel
5. IMPORTANT. You can only apply for support for events that got cancelled or is scheduled for the period of 16 March till 30 June. At this point KZNA has not officially cancelled any events for this period, as this will be reviewed on or close to 17 April when the current lock-down period. This means your application must be done with the ASSUMPTION that no events will be staged till end of June. This item mainly refers to road-race events as track & field and cross-country events do not have prize-money (see preparation squad detail next point)
6. If any athlete or coach is currently on any of the ASA preparation squads, they are entitled to apply as well. Athletes & coaches should be aware and have correspondence from ASA if they are on any of the preparation squads. If unsure, contact Hezekiel directly
We do hope this initiative will assist in some relief for our dedicated athletes and coaches.
Download ASA circular and application form below: