An AGM was held on Saturday the 15th of June 2019 at the Moses Mabhida stadium. Please take note of the short summary of some of the important decisions discussed & ratified. The agenda and minutes of the meeting is available from the KZNA office on request.
- A Special General Meeting was held on the 23 February 2019 at the Moses Mabhida Stadium where 119 Clubs voted for the disbanding/dissolving of the KZNA former board lead by Sello Mokoena following its suspension by ASA
- Following the SGM an AGM was called and held on Saturday the 15th of June 2019 at Moses Mabhida Stadium. The KZNA council AGM ratified the decision to remove the suspended board as was voted for at a SGM dated 23 February 2019. The KZNA council therefore gave the mandate to the ASA appointed administrator, Mr Jay Reddy, and KZNA council nominated task team to resume full control of KZN athletics operations. This brings an end to months of uncertainty regarding the control of KZNA. The nominated task team will replace the suspended board and was mandated take over the EXCO functions until the next constituted SGM
- The task team will continue to oversee and normalize operations in the KZNA office and take steps to guide the office to become fully functional again and to be of service to clubs & athletics fraternity. This will include a proper handover to ensure all KZN athletics matters are managed from the KZNA office at the Kingspark athletics stadium. KZNA kindly appeal to all clubs & members to support the task team and the office members in their efforts to get the machinery working again
- As the ratified decision affects all commissions, the task team will put measures in place to have the required functional committee meetings up and running in the near future.
- The KZNA nominated task team members are:
- Mr Jay Reddy [Administrator]
- Ms Anita Johannes
- Ms Kylie Griffin
- Mr Mandla Mngomezulu
- Mr Mlu Woyisana
- Mr Steve Mkasi
- Mr Sibonelo Khulu
- As mentioned & noted at the AGM, no audited financials were available to be scrutinized & discussed. Once the office handover is complete and financials consolidated, the priority will be to focus on the 2018/2019 financials. Once the audit is complete another SGM will be called to attend to the matter.
- Mr Jay Reddy & Mr Steve Mkasi will represent KZNA this weekend (22 June 2019) at ASA’s AGM
- The task team will continue to communicate and share any updates on progress
Kindly contact the KZNA office at 031 312 9374 for any questions regarding the AGM