After some uncertainty regarding covid, we are pleased to announce that the 2021 KZN cross-country championships will go ahead as scheduled on Saturday the 14th of August. The event will be hosted at HUTCHISONPARK in AMANZIMTOTI. The event will start at 07H30 with the men’s masters race and will conclude with the senior & U23 4KM event at 17H10.
Athletes, clubs, coaches and supporters need to be familiar with the following covid protocols that will be enforced for the event:
- NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THE COMPETITION AREA. Only athletes, officials and helpers will be allowed.
- An event layout and registration procedures on competition day will be published early next week. This will include the drop-off zone, registration zone, warm-up area, holding area, call-room area & event exit
- Only athletes with 2021 PERMANENT LICENSES will be allowed to enter the event. No temporary licenses will be allowed. Permanent licenses are available from your local club. Please contact the KZNA office at 031 312 9374 for any assistance with a KZNA AFFILIATED club.
- There is NO PRECONDITION for entry (i.e. had to run a number of leagues), except for having a permanent license.
- The event is strictly a PRE-ENTRY event. Entries will close on Wednesday the 11th of August at 16H00
- Only age groups from 10 years and older will be eligible to enter
- Clubs will not be allowed to setup any tents/gazebo’s within the competition area
Please contact the KZN Athletics office at 031 312 9374 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries about the event