The 2019 KZNA sub-youth championships will be held on Saturday the 12th of October at Kingspark Athletics Stadium in Durban. The event caters for age groups 6 years to 15 years. This is a PRE-ENTRY event and entries will close on FRIDAY 4 OCTOBER at 16H00.
- Please familiarize yourself with all the IMPORTANT championship documentation (see linked documents below)
- The championship is open to ANYONE wishing to enter. You do not need to belong to a club and can represent your school. Please ensure that you register with KZNA and obtain a permanent license number
- There are no minimum league requirements to enter the championships, even if the championships will be your only/first event of the season
- No temporary licenses will be accepted for the championships. If you do not have a permanent number, please contact your club or KZNA office to purchase a PERMANENT license number
- The events are run in 2 year age groups i.e. boys 15 is for boys aged 14 & 15 years.
- The championships will be the ONLY event considered for KZNA team selection for the inter-provincial championships scheduled for November in Sasolburg
- The qualifying standards will be the minimum criteria for selection of the KZNA team, but only the top THREE athletes will be considered for selection. Selection will be on merit
- Note that only the boys & girls 13 & 15 100m & 200m will have heats & finals. All other track event results will be according to time-placing, meaning if there are 6 heats, the top 3 times will receive medals. This is important info to share with athletes to ensure they race their event as a final.
Please contact the KZNA office (031 312 9374) for any enquiries about the championships