Walkers are invited to a 5km & 10km race walk event scheduled to take place at Kingspark on Saturday the 31st of January. The event will start at 06H00 and is open to all interested athletes, whether you are registered with a club or not. Entry fee is R10 and entries will take place at the track on Saturday morning.
Please contact Jodi Pastorino via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or Cell: 083 675 7810.
You are kindly informed that the Track and Field, SY, Y, J, S, M League 2 scheduled to take place at Kings Park Athletic Stadium on 31 January 2015 will now be taking place at the DUNDEE HIGH SCHOOL, DUNDEE, UMZINYATHI DISTRICT.
Please note entries close at 14H00 on Friday the 30th of January
Please contact the KZNA office on 031 312 9374 or via email on email@example.com regarding the event
The 2015 KZN Athletics track & field season kicks off on Saturday the 24th of January with the hosting of the first league meeting at Kingspark athletics stadium. The event is open for sub-youth (13/14/15 years), youth (16/17 years), junior (18/19 years), seniors & masters (30 years+) athletes. The event will start at 08H30 and a gate fee of R10 is payable by all athletes and spectators.
Please note the following:
1. The entry forms must be sent to the KZNA office using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can contact Mzo Gumede at 031 312 9374 regarding queries for the league. Please do not send entries to Clyde Kinloch as was the case last year, use the NEW email address.
2. Entries will close at 14H00 on Friday afternoon. Any entries sent after the cut-off may not be captured for Saturday’s competition.
3. There will be callroom in place for Saturday’s event. Please report to the callroom no less than 45 minutes before your event start. Failure to report would mean that your name will not appear on the starter sheet!
4. There will be no DISCUS due to structural damage to the cage. KZNA is looking at an alternative venue for discuss for future league events. This will be communicated as soon as the venue is confirmed.
5. There will be no STEEPLECHASE due to the leaking waterjump bay. The municipality has scheduled repairs, but no confirmation of repairs have been received.
6. There is no polevault due to a torn cover mat. The municipality has scheduled repairs, but no confirmation of repairs have been received.
7. 2014 Licenses will still be valid for league 1 & 2. New licenses are available from the office (for juniors ONLY) or from your club.
8. Any athlete is welcome to participate at the event and does not need to belong to a club. If it is your first time you can purchase a temporary license on Saturday from the office for R10. Please remember a temporary license is only valid for the event purchased and cannot be used for league 2 or shared with other athletes.
Looking for a little bit of inspiration for 2015? Sometimes we think our circumstances prevent us from becoming a better athlete or a better person in life. Its up to you on how you will respond to your circumstances and make life-changing choices to rise above life’s challenges. Athletics is not everything in life, but it can be a great means of defining you as a person.
KZN athletics would like to encourage members to make use of our social media links and register on FACEBOOK and TWITTER. By registering on these two social media platforms you will receive notification of any news item posted on the KZN athletics website. Whether it is a post about track & field league events, results, road race info, cross-country flyers etc, you will get a notification whenever we update the website.
The FACEBOOK link is www.facebook.com/kznathletics
The TWITTER link is www.twitter.com/kznathletics or TWITTER handle @kznathletics
If you would like to receive the RSS feed, the feed is http://www.kznathletics.co.za/feed/ which can be used in email applications like Microsoft Outlook.
If you don’t have an email application, but only an online email like GMAIL, you can register your email for FREE at https://blogtrottr.com/ using the RSS feed http://www.kznathletics.co.za/feed/ Any new website updates will be sent to your email automatically
The 2015 track and field season will kick-off on Saturday the 24th of January with the first sub-youth, youth, junior, senior and masters league event. The season is basically split in two halves. The sub-youth (14/15 years), youth (16/17 years), junior (18/19 years), seniors and masters (30 years+) season runs from January till April. There will be 7 league events till March with the KZN champs in March and the SA track & field champs scheduled for April. The second half of the year focuses on the primary youth age groups (6 – 13 years). The primary youth leagues start in September with the KZNA champs in October and the inter-provincial champs scheduled for November in DURBAN.
Anyone can enter track & field events and do not have to belong to a club. Juniors can participate in school colours and obtain a permanent license number from the KZNA office. Anyone who first want to try out the sport can participate with a temporary license that is valid for one event only.
For any information regarding track & field please contact the KZNA office on 031 312 9374 or via email on email@example.com
The KZNA office will be closing today the 17th of December and will be re-opening on MONDAY the 5th of JANUARY 2015. Please take note of the following arrangements:
1) 2015 Licenses will be available from the KZNA office from Monday the 5th of January.
2) Clubs are requested to submit their 2015 affiliation form prior to receiving any 2015 licenses.
3) 2014 Licenses are valid until Sunday the 1st of February 2015.
4) Club administrators are reminded that new and existing club members must be registered on the ASA online database for the 2015 season. This is compulsory as it is the only way to link an athlete with a KZNA registered number. If in any doubt about the process you can CLICK HERE, go the ASA online registration site or contact Jabulani at the KZNA office on 031 312 9374
KZN Athletics staff & EXCO would like to wish all our members a peaceful festive season and a prosperous 2015. Travel safely if you are on the roads. We are looking forward to an exciting 2015 season.
The 2014 athletics season came to an exciting end with the annual SALGA games held in Dundee from the 13th to the 15th of December. The competition contested by all 11 KZN districts attracted our top talent KZN has to offer. In the end Ethekwini won the athletics competition by a mere 3 points from Umgungundlovu district.
The Africa Region 5 games has been happening in Bulawayo (Zimbabwe) since last week and 2 KZNA athletes were selected for the Athletics competition to represent South Africa at the Games, 10 of the 12 Region 5 Counties are participating in these Games, which includes, Swimming, Judo, Boxing, Soccer, Tennis, Athletics, Basket Ball, Netball and a number of IPC (disabled) events as well.
Shanice Marnce from Fast Feet Track Club, coached and managed by the legendary Victor Vaz was in the 100m for Junior Women, She won her Heat (3 in total) 1n 12,31 seconds, to automatically qualify for the final, in the final, she was placed 4th with an identical time as her heat, 12,31 seconds, the winner of the final was Tamzin Thomas from Western Province in 11,70 seconds and 2nd place was Loungo Matlhaku from Botswana in 11,74 seconds an 3rd was Majory Chisanga fom Zambia in 12,16 seconds.
With having to travel to Gauteng and the North West to get competition, Bianca Conradie from CKS Athletics Club, coached by her father Willie, and managed by Clyde Kinloch, won the Gold Medal in the Junior Women Discus with a throw of 44,25m, followed by fellow South African Wanzel Breytenbach from Athletics Gauteng North (Pretoria) with a throw of 32,91, Third was Wayne’ Nkomo from Zimbabwe with a throw of 28,56m, There was another Zimbabwean and two Namibian’s in the Final as well.
Former KZN athlete (at home for the holidays) now plying his trade at the University of Cape Town and Western Province, Zane Weir, was placed 2nd in the Junior Men Shot Put, the winner and 3rd place were also representing South Africa, with Zimbabweans and Nambians in the field as well.
The KZNA executive is pleased to announce the names of representatives who will serve on the various standing committees. Please join us in congratulating everyone and we would like to wish them all the best for the task at hand. We are truly blessed with the experience at our disposal and we are looking forward in working together with the elected members.
1. Jeff Nkosi
2. Willy Majambozi
3. Rishi Hansraj
4. Logan Naidoo(Dr)
5. V. G Naidoo
1. Celi Makhoba
2. Mandla Makhathini
3. Sipho Mngunyana
4. Brian J. Swan
5. Patrick Hlongwane
1. Lux Gordhan
2. Victor Ntshangase
3. Victor Vaz
4. Willie Mtolo
5. Putseletso Dladla
1. Moses Xulu
2. Khurra Buthelezi
3. Nic Sissing
4. Links Maphumulo
5. Sbusiso Nyamane
1. Bongani Ndlovu
2. Riaan Vosloo
3. Willy Majambozi
4. Moses Xulu
5. Bernie van Blerk
1. Celi Makhoba
2. Anand Naicker
3. Sharon Schubach
4. V.G. Naidoo
5. Mangethe Zwane
1. Olie Mundell
2. Sheila Dry
3. Eugene Johannes
4. Oxley Africa
5. Julian Joseph